Monday, February 15, 2010

What kind of Music Do You Like?

My music taste is VERY varied. Depends on my mood me thinks! I like Snow Patrol, Keane, Kings of Leon, The Smiths, Placebo (huge fan actually), The Frames, Sinead O'Connor, Radiohead, Pixies, The Cure, Mr D Bowie, Death cab etc. Love Massive attack, Basement Jaxx, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Fischerspooner, Royskopp kinda choonz. Then of course the european (Dublin) chick in me loves trance/electro-pop/dance music. My biggest music love is filmscores, anything involving Berliner Philharmoniker, Hans Zimmer, Philip Glass etc. When I watch a movie I tend to tune into the soundtrack alot. At the moment I am really into the Seven Pounds score (Angelo Milli - very talented guy). I like Opera and classical music (Beethoven is my man!). So my taste is fairly opened and varied. My last purchase was Madame Butterfly. Then because of my Dad I guess I am of the Neil Young, Beatles, Van Morrison, Led Zepplin religion (or as my Mum affectionately refers to it as 'Your Dads druggie hippie music'...too funny). My Dad has great music taste though, I realized this and how cool he therefore was probably after I got out of my teenage/Take That/chart music stage. In the future I hope to share my love of fimscores in this blog and possibly have a crack at writing some reviews.

'Softly, deftly, music shall surround you ... Feel it, hear it, closing in around you ... Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind, in this darkness which you know you cannot fight - the darkness of the music of the night.'

No comments:

Post a Comment