Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Ghrá Mo Chroí - The Love of My Heart

Love Love Love. A Ghrá Mo Chroí to an Irish girl. It is in your heart apparently. I always thought that was kind of odd. The function of the heart is to pump oxygenated blood around the body. As a medical research scientist I understand how the heart works, the mechanisms which allow for that cardiac re polarization to surge the heart and produce that pulse. What has that got to do with love? Then I fell in love. Every time I saw that person my heart palpitated, my chest tightened and my heart sank to my stomach from the weight of the ache. Love. Love. Love. Over powering, exciting..........summing up all those good and bad emotions. I found love, I lost love, I battled love, I blissfully swam in love, the love was all around me, and I felt it in my toes.

In honor of St Valentine’s Day I chose to believe in love again. I am rebuilding my heart and looking toward the future with fresh vision. I hope in the future it will step into my pathway. I don't need a man to cut off an ear for me just someone to hold my hand. Happy Valentine’s Day. Philanthropy of the heart is my new endeavor.

'Love is sharing your bodyparts or even sending them to your crush (Isn't that right Vincent?!)'

No comments:

Post a Comment