Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011, Death and New Beginnings

2011: Start: This weekend my Uncle Patrick passed away aged 57 years old. Along with my Mam they were the babies of the family. My Mam rang an older brother to tell him and he responded "Pat? which Pat? Our Pat? Young Pat? But he's just a kid!". We will always look at our siblings with childhood glazed eyes. Pull my hair and I'll tell Mam. He was young and it is a tragedy. I feel for my Mam, her extended family, my cousins, as they reel from the shock of the fresh situation. What do these incidences teach us? Everything must be a lesson. It's OK as I always liked school. We are all here together and we are overlapping in existence. Turn to your Mum and Dad, sisters and brothers, cousins and second cousins, aunts and uncles, lovers and friends. Tell them you love them and celebrate that you are here together caught in this active time bubble until it bursts and the next is created. Not when dinosaurs roamed or when cars will fly like the Jetsons, neither a better time or a worse time but when we can both look at the sky and say how glorious the sunset is that we see with the same eye. Lets show how we care for selfish reasons of feeling satisfied with ourselves and unselfish for satisfying others. Lets smile and say 'what a beautiful day' as we breath the same air. Lets not keep our precious feelings in a vault, lets take a risk in wearing them everyday and watch them glisten in the sunlight. You are all golden to me. I hope I don't forget to tell you. This is my 2011 lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment