Wednesday, November 10, 2010

[Mis]Adventurous Us

When you pinned the flower to my chest it was as always with too much vigour. The pin punctured the skin, I gasped from the little pain. The blood drop stained my shirt. We would never be with out misadventure.

The day we met again it rained. It rained because I wanted it to. I wanted to wash away my old life. But sometimes those stains do not come out and that old life still has surprises in store. But I took a new photo of you for my mind with my eyes. Flash and capture. You stood in the doorway and watched me. My soul spilled to the ground heavy and fluid mingling with the wet sidewalk. You gnawed at my beating heart with piercing toothed eyes. Fortuitous times had expired. I did not want to eat that apple, it was poisoned. I ran through the rain.

You said that love did not exist. We had waited at the death bed for a while so I climbed in and lay down. You ran all over town searching for me. I was beside you and you refused to look. You said you forgot what I looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment